Friday, August 28, 2009

I ♥ K CUSTOM DESIGNER HANDBAG

Hey there
Now that I'm back at school, You can expect me to be doing plenty of work outside the fashion genre. However, before I introduce you to another side of me as an artist, I thought I'd treat my lady followers with a special gift from me to you. I do a lot of commissioned work that I consider objective, however, only projects with personal significance make it to the Apotheosis.




















This is a very special handbag, customized by yours truly, for a good friend of mine. It was very fun to stray from my comfort zone and take on this project as a new and exciting challenge. I refuse to bore my followers to death with trivial details so I'll keep it short. She basically gave me the freedom to do what I pleased with the bag so in a way I lacked a concrete starting point. However, I knew I wanted to make it girly and trendy. So I chose some fun colors to give it a pop art feel and used Marilyn Monroe to convey the feminine aspect. The "I ♥ K" idea came to me sporadically when I was contemplating what to do with the big white K on the inside of the bag. Finally, I splashed the straps with paint, like we do the laces of our custom shoes, to give it a one-of-a-kind Born 2 Shine touch. Needless to say, she was thrilled with her custom purse as was I with the success of the project.


The purse has its own album on my facebook page so be sure to check out more pics on there and let me know what you think. I'm also getting a brand new myspace page this week so be on the look out for the new link on my page. Furthermore, our custom sneakers have been buzzing through all of the sneakerhead sites so check out paintorthread.com and pimpmykicks.com to check out our various features.

Never too far away
Swiddle

No comments:

Post a Comment